Just My Luck
In my opinion...
Perfect under the apple tree reading material for a hot bank holiday in May!
Oh the excitement of receiving the latest Adele Park's novel, it popped through my door in the midst of all the sadness and trepidation of going into lockdown.. then I made myself wait until just the right moment for reading it, as I knew once I started I would find it very hard to do anything else...
Here then is my advice for you!
1. Find suitable location for long reading session, preferably under an apple tree for ideal conditions.
2. Set out chair, rug, cushions along with appropriate nibbles & drinks, you may not be moving for some time....
3. Turn phone to silent. Pretend you're working.
6. Try & acknowledge family/partner/dog/cat
7. Resume at point 4.
8. Finish, eyes rolling at that final, final twist. Really? Tight plotting, credible characters. Awesome.
9. Feel grumpy as have now finished book & have to return to real world & put out the washing.
10. Message Adele Parks & ask if she can write another novel super pronto in case we're still in lockdown for the August bank holiday!
Want to know more?
What if winning means losing everything?
It’s the stuff dreams are made of – a lottery win so big, it changes everything.
For fifteen years, Lexi and Jake have played the same six numbers with their friends, the Pearsons and the Heathcotes. Over dinner parties, fish & chip suppers and summer barbecues, they’ve discussed the important stuff – the kids, marriages, jobs and houses – and they’ve laughed off their disappointment when they failed to win anything more than a tenner.
But then, one Saturday night, the unthinkable happens. There’s a rift in the group. Someone doesn’t tell the truth. And soon after, six numbers come up which change everything forever.
Lexi and Jake have a ticket worth £18 million. And their friends are determined to claim a share of it.
Praise for Just My Luck:
‘Adele Parks never takes her foot off the gas, every book is tighter, faster, better than the last. Just My Luck is a gripping story of greed, lies and dark family secrets. I read it in a two-day frenzy’ Lisa Jewell
‘A compelling take on one of those “what if” scenarios that we’ve all wondered about. Addictive, provocative and thoroughly relatable – a brilliantly crafted reminder to be careful what you wish for’ TM Logan
‘An absolute joy: gripping, shocking and surprising. A cautionary tale about what one couple’s sudden wealth can do to old friendships’ Jane Fallon
‘Stupendous! I read this totally compelling modern-day morality tale over a weekend – I couldn’t put it down. As ever, Adele Parks does not disappoint – you’ll love it’ Ruth Jones
‘Like a deft magician, this book reveals its twists only at the very end, I was completely astonished’ Rosamund Lupton
‘A dark, gripping thriller’ Woman’s Weekly
‘Fabulous… her best yet’ Daily Mail
Loved it, loved it- perfect escapist 'what if' novel.
A fabulous 5 glasses of bubbles tale
Thank you to Harper Collins & Adele Parks for my ARC